I bloody love the Polo.
It’s a day of fabulousness, with posh frocks, champagne, star-spotting, horses and rather well-toned men playing a sport they love.
If you haven’t been before – it’s something you should most definitely pop on your bucket list. The sport is exciting, the atmosphere is lovely and the champagne tends to flow rather freely. However, it’s not always the most accessible of sports – it can often be held way out of town, be a tad expensive and some events are a little bit stuffy (last time I went I sat on the table next to Prince Harry at dinner. I may have squealed).
HPA Gaucho Polo, however, does it all a little bit differently. It’s an extravaganza of music, wine tastings and sport – followed by a spectacular after-party with world class DJs until the early hours.
There’ll be some sensational live music from Latin Grammy award nominees, Tanghetto and dance performances from Strictly stars, Vincent & Flavia. There will be over 200 different wines in Europe’s biggest Argentinian wine village and of course, there’ll be the highest standard of International Polo. The headline match, England v Argentina, will see England Captain Jamie Morrison go mallet-to-mallet with Argentinian Captain and Ralph Lauren model, Nacho Figueras. (Sounds almost as delicious as a Gaucho steak, washed down with a glass of Malbec.)
As I type, the (fit) Polo Riders from across the globe will be making their way to London, ready for the event on the 21st May. They’re preparing for the big match, and the Buenos Aires style party that Gaucho will be throwing afterwards. This really is the best of Argentinian culture, food, music, dance, wine and sport all under one roof.
And I can’t go – as I’m on holiday. Gutted.
One of you lucky ones can though – with 3 of your friends – as luckily, we have 4 tickets to give away!
This brilliant competition prize package includes:
- 4 x tickets to International Gaucho Polo at The O2
- Complimentary access to the Wines of Argentina Tasting Village
- 4 x seated tickets at the players after-party at indigO2 where you’ll be present for the epic players’ Champagne spraying and live performances from Strictly’s Vincent and Flavia
To enter the great Gaucho Polo Ticket Giveaway:
Comment in the box below, letting us know which part of the event you’d be most excited about if you won.
(See the HPA Gaucho Polo website for more info on the evenings line-up to help with your answer.)
You can get yourself some bonus entries by completing one or more of the additional tasks listed below too – but remember, no entries will count unless you’ve commented in the box at the bottom of this page.
Good luck to everyone who enters!
- Over 18’s only
- Tickets are not exchangeable – no alternative prize will be offered
- No travel or accommodation costs are included
- Competition will run until midnight on Monday 13th May – winner will be announced here, and notified via email on Tuesday 14th May.
- Winner will have 24 hours to respond, or we reserve the right to pick another winner.
- Date: 21st May, 2013
- Time: From 5.30pm
- Place: The O2 Arena, Peninsula Square, Greenwich, London, SE10 oDX
Please make sure you are free on the date in question before entering. Thanks!
PS: If you aren’t the lucky winner but still want to go along, you can buy tickets here. Prices start at £20.