Calling All Bakers: Celebrate 150 Years of The Tube, by Decorating a Cake!
For the 4th year running, as part of the main exhibition, the Ideal Home Show are running a cake decorating contest, open to everyone.
The theme this year is “London Underground”, marking the 150th anniversary of our world-famous tube.
Split into a Professional and Amateur competition, the Ideal Home Show wants you to create a cake inspired by the London Underground. This can be anything from a realistic representation, such as a tube carriage itself, to an interpretation of its nostalgic charm or a station name, such as an Angel, a Bank or a Tower bridge to name a few. With 270 stations, the possibilities are endless!
The competition will be judged on creativity so don’t worry if your icing skills are not top notch – give it a go and let your imagination run wild! It’s so easy to take part in the competition and it’s open to everyone. Anyone bringing a home-decorated cake to the show with this theme will receive FREE tickets on the door* and gain automatic entry to the competition by taking their cakes to the display and judging area in the Ideal Food section.
Here is some inspiration… (Click to enlarge)
The prizes are pretty awesome for any home baker;
- Ideal Cake Decorator of the Year 2013 Trophy
- Kenwood Citrus kMix stand mixer KMX58, RRP £379.99
- Dinner for 2 in the Gregg Wallace Seasonal Restaurant
- Copy of the Ideal Home Show Cookbook
- Charlotte White Wedding Cake Decorating session (worth £90.00 for a 3hr class)
- 2 Free Tickets to the Ideal Home Show at Christmas 2013
Find out more information here.