London is, fairly obviously, my favourite city in the world, so any excuse to celebrate it’s brilliance is right up my street. Last night was the annual London Lifestyle Awards at the London Lancaster Hotel – which aims to reward the people and businesses that continue to make London thrive.
It’s always an absolute corker of a night, with a wonderful mix of characters coming together to applaud the best of London, against a background of great food, free-flowing booze, live performances, laughter and the occasional serious moment of reflection. Last night was up there with the best of them; possibly because we were seated on a table full of excellent humans that kept us laughing non-stop, or possibly because once again, the LLA Founder Jason Gale pulled a brilliant event out of the bag.
Whilst the event is primarily to honour the people who keep London buzzing on a day to day basis, there is always a healthy showing of celebs in attendance, and last night the ‘sleb count was even higher than usual. You only have to look in this mornings tabloids* to see who was there, but the list included the lovely Sinitta (JG’s partner), Lauren Silverman (Simon Cowell‘s better half), Vanessa Feltz & Ben Ofoedu, Denise Welsh, Michelle Heaton, Jodie Marsh, Imogen Thomas, Nicola Hughes & Josh Patterson from Made in Chelsea, Lady Victoria Hervey, Laura Hamilton, Arlene Phillips and X-Factors Anton Stephans, Chloe-Jasmine & Stevi and Chloe Paige. We also had LA Wellness Coach Derek O’Neill and TV Producer Gina Lyons at our table, who were lovely.
(Plus, my date for the evening was my good pal Phil Drummond, who I’m proud to say had one of his old tracks played twice at Sunday’s Space last ever closing party in Ibiza…& was rated #1 in Apple Music’s iconic track list from the night….so I feel he deserves an honorable mention, as quite frankly, that’s awesome)
Many of the names above presented awards to the happy winners, who were:
- Coffee Shop of the Year My Place (sponsored by The Handbook)
- Cultural Attraction of the Year Natural History Museum (sponsored by Gulf Air)
- Live Venue of the Year Pizza Express Live
- Late Night Venue of the Year Tape London (sponsored by Interr)
- Live Event of the Year Udderbelly
- Beauty Facility of the Year Como Shambhala Urban (sponsored by Skin Matrix)
- Fitness Facility of the Year The Clock
- Members Club of the Year Home House
- Fashion Retailer of the Year Melissa Odabash (sponsored by Zebrano Bars)
- Private Dining Room of the Year in partnership with the Nth Degree Club William Kent Room – The Ritz (sponsored by Business Channel TV)
- Most Influential Company in Hospitality in partnership with Nth Degree Club D&D Group (sponsored by Rolls Royce )
- Chef of the Year in partnership with with Nth Degree Club Clare Smyth (sponsored by Boadicea the Victorious)
- Hair Salon of the Year Stuart Phillips
- Pub of the Year The City Barge (sponsored by Seymour Valentine)
- Hotel of the Year Edition Hotel London (sponsored by Letyano)
- Theatre Show of the Year Kinky Boots (sponsored by SEE Tickets)
- London Personality of the Year Vanessa Feltz
- Hospitality Company of the year – Inception Group
- The London Ambassador Award – Simon Cowell
- Bar of the Year Radio Roof Top Bar (sponsored by Plymouth Gin)
- Restaurant of the Year Sexy Fish (sponsored by London Talent)
Massive congratulations to the winners, but also to the other nominees who came so close. It really is lovely to see the teams so happy to win their awards, and having been involved now for a number of years, I know what a positive effect winning, or even being shortlisted for a LLA can have on London business. It’s a pretty big deal.
There were some winners I absolutely knew would win because they’re incredible…and others on that list I haven’t had the chance to visit yet, so I’ll be making a massive effort to cover them with the #LoveLondon team SOON.
We left before the dancing got out of control so I didn’t get much gossip (oops) but I can confirm conversations between Stevi and Chloe-Jasmine were super-awkward. I neither know, nor care, whether the relationship is real, but I can say witnessing them together was massively uncomfortable for all watching. And we couldn’t not watch. It was a little like a car crash. Sorry guys….
And in other news, Simon Cowell’s lady is both hot and lovely. Not at all jealous. NOT AT ALL….. (!)
Thanks again to Jason, and all the team at the London Lifestyle Awards 2016, for putting on such a fun evening and for helping to celebrate London for yet another year. Here are some photos that made me smile…