Some things in life make me very happy.
Dim Sum is one of them. It’s one of my favourite things to eat – but now I’m living outside Central London there’s a distinct lack of lovely Dim Sum in my life. (So much so that I had a little whinge on twitter a few weeks ago.)
Things I hate about not living in central London anymore #54236: No sushi delivery. Or Dim Sum. Not on, suburbs. NOT ON.
— Love London (JJ) (@Love_London) May 2, 2015
Imagine my glee then, when I heard that London’s most popular Dim Sum chain, Ping Pong, ARE GIVING AWAY FREE DIM SUM TOMORROW.
I’m not even lying.
To celebrate their ten year anniversary, Ping Pong are giving away a complimentary dish and drink to any customer who is willing to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to the Maitre D upon their arrival.
Jeez. If they want me to sing to them, I’m happy to. They’ll probably regret it when I turn up squawking like a strangled pigeon, but if it gets me free Dim Sum, I’m game.
This brilliant offer is available for one day only (28th May 2015) across all Ping Pong’s London venues. The dish and drink combo will include a choice of one of the most popular dishes served at Ping Pong over the last ten years, as well as a limited edition ten year anniversary cocktail.
And that’s not all. If singing in front of a small restaurant crowd isn’t enough for you – share a short clip of your dreamy performance on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #PingPongSingSong, and automatically be in with a chance of getting a complimentary meal for two. Over 100 meals will be given away across the day – so you’re in with a good chance! Winners of free meals will be announced via Ping Pong’s social channels.
- This promotion is valid throughout the current restaurant opening hours on Thursday May 28th 2015 only, at all London Ping Pong branches.
- Each participant (individual person) is entitled to receive the promotional offering of one complimentary dish and one complimentary drink, a number of one times (vegetarian and non-alcoholic alternatives available).
- In order to win the complimentary offering, the participant is required to sing the entire verse of Happy Birthday once, from beginning to end, to the maitre-d, manager or member of staff greeting arriving customers on duty in the restaurant at the time of their arrival.
- #PingPongSingSong successful participants will be asked to choose their complimentary dish and drink from the ten year anniversary themed seasonal specials menu only, offer available with any other food or drink purchase.
- A limited number of complimentary meals for two people are available to win and can only be won by a participant who posts their performance on social media, using the hashtag #PingPongSingSong tag Ping Pong on twitter: @pingpongdimsum or Instagram: @PingPongDimSumUK
- Each complimentary meal is valued and capped at the value of £30 per head.
- Any recorded material or images shared, which are deemed inappropriate or offensive by Ping Pong will not be accepted as an entry to the social media promotion and reported to the authorities.
- Offer is subject to availability.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount.
- No alternatives available.
I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow afternoon.
How about you – fancy some free Dim Sum?!