I don’t know why we’re always so surprised when Winter comes around in this country. It’s like we don’t expect it to be bone-chillingly cold. We moan and we shiver and we’re very rarely prepared for the horrible mornings when the breath freezes the second you breathe and your toes quite simply could drop off at any second.
And I can guarantee that nearly every one of us is in desperate need of a brand new, cosy, winter coat (unless you’re one of the super-organised people who were clever and bought theirs in advance).
So to save you some time trekking around the shops in the freezing-ness that is London in November, and whatever your budget, here are my top picks for cosy coats this season.
- Philip Lim Coat with Patch Pocket and Belt – £955.00
- All Saints Nahara Trench Coat – £250.00
- Alexander McQueen Frayed Chevron Tweed Coat – £1895.00
- Waterfall Faux Fur Jacket from New Look – £25 (reduced from £39.99)
- Top Shop Ultimate Military Cape – £95
- Reiss Zetta Black Panelled Coat – £295
- Robert Cavalli Fringed cashmere and wool-blend coat – £1920
- Military Coat by Karen Millen – £299
- Ruffle Melton Coat by Oasis – £100
- Store Twenty One Black Cape Coat – £32 (Currently out of stock)
- ASOS Eva Evanovich Frill Sleeve Belted Cape – £180
- ASOS Double Breasted Funnel Coat – £90
- River Island Cream Slouch Blazer – £49.99
- Dom & Ruby Limited Edition Aviator Jacket – £950
Personally, I love them all – but would happily sell internal organs to get my hands on that Cavalli number. That’s a little piece of JJ heaven right there.